1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Link?

How often was the term bandied about until recently?

How "wrong" does a story need to be to be considered "fake"?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't need CNN's help to look bad.
    Are you arguing that media that doesn't run corrections and never owns up to its mistakes is more credible?
    Is Alex Jones more credible? (Yes, you could say he correctly predicted Trump would win while the mainstream media didn't, but I give him zero credit for that)
    Is Gateway Pundit more credible?
    I doubt this woman is ever going to issue a correction for this. Does that mean she's right about it?
    Liz Crokin Says Trump’s Tweet Was A Nod To Her And Confirmation That Pizzagate Is Real | Right Wing Watch

3. YankeeFan

Don't let the young wife or daughter fool you. I'm not grumpy, but I'm old.

4. Smallpotatoes

There's a difference between being wrong and making shit up. I'm supposed to be the stupid one here and yet I seem to understand that while you don't.

5. YankeeFan

Did I give any indication that I believed such things?

You're batshit crazy.

6. Smallpotatoes

You're arguing that issuing corrections is somehow a sign of dishonesty when it's quite the opposite.

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  7. YankeeFan

You're not worth engaging.

I don't see a reason to put you on blast, but I hope you'll understand why I don't respond to you in the future. You just can't seem to follow a conversation to the degree that is necessary to make it worth it to me.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The problem, IIRC, with the Scaramucci story was not the quality of the sources, it was that there was only one.

Which is first-day-of-J-school level stuff.

What you're talking about is more what has happened since news organizations decided a public editor/ombudsman was a waste of money.

9. Smallpotatoes

You don't know the difference between being wrong and making things up and I'm the stupid one?
    I'm glad you won't. Nobody talks to me like that and gets away with it.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Let's not pretend "fake news" has any meaning other than "the president thinks you're being mean to him."

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

75386DC9-530B-4AB9-A85B-DF13A814591F.jpeg One of the genius things about FOxNews channel is that very little is news. Fox and Friends, Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham ... are not considered NEWS by FoxNews Channel, they are considered entertainment.

Whether Perino and Cavuto are supposed to be news, I don’t know. As far as I know Shep Smith and Bret Baier’s shows are the only ‘journalistic news’ on Fox News Channel.

Fake fox news FOX's file: | PunditFact

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Fake news" is the conservative version of "sexual assault" or "white supremacy." Commonly understood to mean one thing. Refashioned for political leverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.