1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Reported on FoxNews that slain DNC staffer Seth Rich gave emails to WikiLeaks. True, FakeNews or Mistake?

"The president said he’s going to bring in 250,000 (Syrian and Iraqi) refugees into this country."
    Sean Hannity on Monday, October 19th, 2015 in a segment of Fox News' "Hannity”. True, FakeNews or Mistake?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don’t really care whether you were 100% right or 100% wrong, whether your point wouldn’t pass muster on Craigslist or it should be the featured piece in the Journal of Political Economy. But your “Nobody talks to me that way” schtick ... that needs to go.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Then don't talk to me that way. There. Problem solved.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But they're still bowl-eligible, right?

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There is a considerable gulf between how people talk to each other online and how they would talk to each other in person. I think it's shitty, but it exists. I don't know that there's a way to bridge that gulf.

7. doctorquant

You’re talked to like everybody else on this board. Every last one of us manages to handle it without swelling up in such a ridiculous fashion.

Stoney and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6A198225-657C-484F-B70D-9EBC9E6B797D.jpeg

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shreveport in December is magical.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. doctorquant

True. In the absence of tone, posture, other facets of non-verbal communication, the conversations are very different.

Along those lines, there's a considerable gulf between what I would actually converse about in person and online. I might shoot the shit about politics, culture, etc., with my golf buddies, but only in a very superficial, light-hearted manner.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Which is why a lot of the fights happen here.

Admittedly, I end up in a bar room brawl here from time to time. Part of that is on me. But part of it is because I tend to post about third-rail topics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.