1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That was pretty good. Mr. Magoo says TY for the font size.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Roy Moore: "He denies it."

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Eh, you kiss his ass no matter what. I give your thoughts the consideration they deserve: None.

Maybe he’ll send you an autograph.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Olbermann has a personality disorder as pronounced as the president's.
    He is an utter parasite.
    Now he's off to find a new host, so to speak.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You can always change the channel and not watch Olberman. Olberman can’t launch nuclear missiles, Olberman can’t appoint judges who believe the Book of Revelations is direct authority over the Constitution, Olberman can’t appoint an Attorney aGeneral looking to prosecute widows and orphans and let corporate frauds free.

But other than that, yeah, right.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is all temporary, and a big chunk of his base will be dead inside 20 years.
    Nothing in world history suggests this kind of chaos has any lastingness in advanced societies.
    At least Nero could sing. This one doesn't just wear clown shoes, he wears clown shoes stepped in his own waste, and that is not sustainable.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Despacito is Puerto Rican, but I get what you’re saying.

And now the main reason I wanted to post this; I’m reminded of a great line from one of Dan Jenkins’s novels where someone “referred to anyone from south of Brownsville, Texas, as ‘Meskin.’”

doctorquant likes this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying, but I think we've established that there is a difference, which is why you can say "the F-word" on network television, and not "fuck."

It's weird for me to be coming from a place of limiting language, but I just think in a forum like this, the most hurtful of slurs shouldn't be thrown around so casually.

10. Dick Whitman

That’s the worst kind of beaner!

Big Circus likes this.
  11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

There also is a difference in saying it with er at the end or a at the end. When YF said it, with African Americans saying it to each other, that almost always is with an a at the end.

12. Dick Whitman

Do Mexicans say “beana”?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.