1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I guess I don't have the courage of my convictions that O'Keefe does, but if I were him, after I was arrested for bugging Senator Landreau's office, I would have given up on the whole sting operation game and found another line of work.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, it's not seeing the word that offends you?

Quoting the word is ok, but referencing it requires a self censor?

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You really think I’d hang out with any
    ?

I have no idea.

cjericho likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It’s when people he doesn’t like use it.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It really never ends. Trump, who apologized for the Access Hollywood tape and famously brushed it off as "locker room talk" is now trying to say the tape was faked.

Seriously, how much is too much? How much can this motherfucker lie and shit on people and get away with it?

It's mind-numbing.

President Trump Now Not Sure That Was Him on Access Hollywood Tape

Alma likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As long as he hates people who aren't white, he can shit on and lie to his followers to infinity. It's all they care about, as has been proven by countless stories and lots of in depth social science research.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There are sound journalistic and societal reasons to use that word. You used it for shock value, as Dick does. You'll say you didn't, but I don't care. You did, and that's obvious to everyone, as is the rest of your bullshit act. I think to use that word so casually in a public forum is obscene. Would you say it front of a black person? I imagine your answer would be "No." But you said it here, which means you very likely did.

I probably cuss here more than anybody. It's not like I'm soft on language. But slurs are where I draw my line, just like I draw the line at going after a poster's family. You draw your lines differently. I'm allowed to judge you for it, and I do.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I hear tell Rachel Maddow’s got a doctorate in that there “in depth social science research.”

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's interesting, one of the things I most admire about @typefitter -- and that I'm sure he himself takes the most pride in -- is that he's a good and loyal friend.

He'll stand up for his friends, sometimes even when they're in the wrong.

But, if you or I stand up for the other one, we're somehow being bullies or trolls, or ganging up against his friend -- and they're just friends -- Ragu.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.