1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Poli sci research is clear and unrelenting on this topic. White people's racial panic elected Donald Trump. His problem is, it got him elected with 46 percent of the vote. If that doesn't change, next election he's Mike Dukakis.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That's because you're both trolls.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It’s amazing how much everyone picks on you. You left here before because everyone picked on you. You quit Twitter because everyone picked on you. @YankeeFan and I pick on you. Gawker picked on you.

Sounds like a rough go.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He’s been President less than a year. I doubt there’s a serious PoliSci journal in which his nomination, much less his election, has been explored properly. You can thunder in all you want, and the literature may ultimately get where you are ... but I seriously doubt it’s there yet.

Oh, and for the record, I’m aware that this post is even more evidence of my N-word-ish-ness.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What I don't get about the Liz warren thing. Her family told her she had Native American ancestors. Did she have any reason to question that? As far as she knew, it was true. How is that lying?

7. Dick Whitman

Is this your first day of politics?

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Edited for clarity.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Luis was a man ahead of his time.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Mostly because nothing really matters any more. Trump found an insulting term that his racist base loved. Warren is a polarizing figure. The right hates her almost as much as Hillary. So he keeps using it. Doesn't matter if he's in a room with Native Americans, in front of a painting of Andrew Jackson. It worked for him. And the mouth breathers who support him eat it up.

Trump Is. A. Liar.

Trump. Is. A. Racist.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Could you answer the question?

12. Dick Whitman

I just did. In my special way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.