1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

What’s so “ugly” about that? I don’t currently have an unlimited mobile data plan. It seems like it’d actually be sort of nice if for a small upcharge, I could get extra or unlimited data for certain apps I use more frequently. It’s not as though you’re prevented from accessing other services outside your plan—it just counts against your normal data limit. The tweet cited in the article is extraordinarily misleading in suggesting otherwise. (And since @cranberry has already explained to me how stupid I am, I’m sure the rest of you geniuses already managed to figure that out.)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Why can't there be net neutrality and an unlimited mobile data plan?

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

After Monday, does anyone want to seriously defend as Trump NOT being a racist?

I’d love to hear that defense.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We already heard it. They put the focus on Warren lying about her heritage.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Trump had said the same thing at, oh, a Republican fundraiser, it might be dismissed as just his usual political bluster. It's saying it in front of native American war heroes that makes it so spectacularly racist.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It’s not more racist now. It just shows how clueless he is.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Clueless gets at the problem, but I think "no impulse control and declining faculties" is more accurate.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Why are you operating under the assumption that the latter is impossible without the former?

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The faux intellectuals -- or he -- don't have to defend it. They -- or he -- only need to misdirect over the subject of the n-word.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It was more inappropriate, but I’m unsure how it’s more racist. Can you explain?

I’m also not sure it’s a lack of impulse control. As inappropriate as it is, every time he raises it, Warren gets asked about it. He wants to pick off his potential rivals one by one, just as he did during the Republican primary.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Man, you keep coming back to it, but I do not get this line of attack at all.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, now that we have an independent write-in candidate in the Alabama senate race, if democrats really want to prevent a child molester from winning, shouldn’t they join like minded Republicans and vote for Lee Busby?

Have any Democrats urged this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.