1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm as anti-abortion as they come but your argument falls short. The abortion matter is not bound up in the Senate. Nor is any particular evidence, at this point, that even another conservative judge on SCOTUS would shift the matter back to the states. Most serious abortion abolitionists also know the issue is far more complex than "hey, don't do it."

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm sure some would have, given the choice.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

So it's strictly a moral quandary then, right? Is it morally acceptable to vote for a pro-choice candidate, knowing that the issue is a dead letter and it's largely a symbolic vote anyway, over someone who holds the "right" positions, but is an abomination as a human being?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Exactly. Which is likely why Busby won’t get many Republican votes, absent a bipartisan effort to elect him.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. MisterCreosote

The fact that we're even discussing whether it's more acceptable to kill a baby or fuck one is a pretty depressing sign of where we are as a country.

7. YankeeFan

Yeah. OK. So, who would you vote for in the scenario?

And, where do you draw the line?

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

How many would Busby need to steal for Jones to win? It wouldn't need to be a huge number would it?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

At least his name is kinda easy to spell.

10. YankeeFan

Yes. Especially if criticizing where we currently stand allows us to avoid expiring a simple thought experiment.

Since I don’t expect anyone to say they’d vote for the pro-slavery candidate, I think I can safely assume no one will answer the question.

11. MisterCreosote

I'm pro-life. I also would not, under any circumstances, vote for Moore.

If I hypothetically lived in the 1800s, I would hypothetically have a different take on these hypothetical child molesters vs. hypothetical pro-slavery people, but I hypothetically believe that slavery is a much larger problem in this country than child molesting, so I'd weigh my vote accordingly.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What do you mean OR fuck one?
    /GWAR 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.