1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t have supported Moore in the primary, but I think it’s true and fair to say that we learned the worst about him after the primary.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Serious question - what makes Jones a "far left Democrat?"

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It's not his best work.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Times were a bit different back then, shall we say. Back then, in some states, it was OK to marry children.

Heck, in the 1880s, Ty Cobb's mother was just 12 when she married his father. And we all know how that allegedly turned out.

5. YankeeFan

No restrictions on abortion, at all, even after 20 weeks.

Is there a more extreme political position than that?

Daniel Patrick Moynihan referred to late term abortions as infanticide.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm certain that if the shoe were on the other foot and the Dems had nominated someone who was totally unsuitable and then offered a write in alternative at the last minute who was much better, you'd vote for him.

This entire whatabout is utterly ridiculous, YF. The R's have a self inflicted wound and are bleeding out. The Democrats in this state have a chance for an incredibly rare win, and you think they should vote for the Republican write in because he's better than Moore? Screw that. I have no problem at all with taking a win over a bad candidate, any more than you did with taking one over Clinton.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's true. But it's barely true. Child molesting is pretty close to as bad as it gets.

But so is trying to install a theocracy, believing that a person should be barred from public service for their religion, being so divorced from reality that he genuinely believed that there were U.S. cities being run under Sharia law, etc.

Roy Moore was completely, unquestionably and irrevocably inappropriate for any sort of power in civic society *before* we found out he was also a child molester.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

NRA | Home

melock likes this.
  9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

How much time is there between when Jones would kill them and when Moore would date them? Glad I don't live in Alabama.

melock and poindexter like this.
  10. YankeeFan

I’m just curious to see if there’s any scenario where Dems would support voting for someone other than the candidate of their party to prevent a child molester from being seated in the senate.

This is what they’re asking republicans to do.

Would they join forces with republicans to stop Moore? Doesn’t look like it.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If we don’t want a child molester in the Senate, it is the responsibility of the people who haven’t and would never vote for the child molester to stop it from happening.

o_O

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.