1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Please. Let’s further discuss how teenagers often have a strained relationship with their father, especially when divorce, coupled with a new romantic relationship for the father, is involved, and how we judge the character of the father based on this potential strain.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Imagine being a young man with a girlfriend you really want to keep around and bringing her home for the holidays to introduce her to your dad, Donald Trump. Try to picture that a moment.
    After thinking it over after the election passed I can't really fault either of his sons for being dicks. They've been poisoned.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Especially when the "new romantic relationship" came along because Daddy cheated on Mommy again.

Boy, that will strain your character.

BadgerBeer and poindexter like this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Naw. I'd rather discuss how you're a disingenuous gobshite who thinks it's okay to go after a poster's family situation in a message-board debate.

5. typefitter

Let's also not forget that Mom claimed in her divorce deposition that Dad raped her.

Documenting Trump’s Abuse of Women

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

Sure. Go on. What does that mean for one’s character. Is it forever stained?

Trump’s sones now have a good relationship with their father. Does that count for anything?

Or, do the words and actions of a child, hurt and confused by a parents’ divorce, made in the moment carry more weight?

8. typefitter

9. YankeeFan

Isn’t “gobshite” Charlie Pierce’s signature word?

It just doesn’t land well delivered by someone else, and you’ve used it twice now.

It’s like if I told you to “eat my shorts”. It just doesn’t work.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What kind of asshole quotes a 12-year-old like that?

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Who’s forgotten. Are we also allowed to recall that she recanted the use of the term in reference with that encounter?

Again, from what I’ve heard, divorce can sometimes be messy, and even nasty.

I wouldn’t know.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Can all you assholes stop bringing other posters families into this, even with your stupid wink wink bs?

For fuck's sake, let's talk politics without wanting to physically murder one another.

I don't give a shit who started it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.