1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Would you really expect them to admit to hiring her for having Injun blood?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For Christsakes. Harvard took a cash bribe to admit Jared Kushner. And we're supposed to be aghast that same place might've stretched to put a qualified candidate under its affirmative action policy? I really believe this board will be used in future social sciences departments to show how white men denied their privileges up until the Chinese took over.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No no, c'mon. You guys have both declared how much you love journalism of late and that you hold it to higher standards than those people doing the journalism. So I'm asking why isn't my man YF ever defending the journalism of something that makes his team look bad? You spoke up on behalf of him and told us about how he has a very high standard for journalism ethics. I didn't lump you in with him, you lumped yourself in with him. Who is being the good friend here? This isn't about anyone but me, and my interest in figuring out who has very high journalism standards so that I can follow them in the future.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You sound like OOP.

Do you have a story in mind that fits your scenario? If so, I’ll let you know what I think.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And there it is.

Some of my friends are huge cocksuckers, too, and I’d still follow them through the gates of hell.

I meant it when I said it was admirable.

6. YankeeFan

LOL. It’s probably the right decision. Reporters shouldn’t be partying with the subjects they cover.

Funny how they just realized this now.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What about taking cutesy publicity shots with profile subjects?

8. YankeeFan

“Of late,” might be the funniest part of that quote.

When did you start loving journalism Dick?

9. YankeeFan

Do you happen to have some example?

10. Double Down

Ok now we are going to fight when I finally make it to Chicago.

We can have a drink after, but first we have to fight for that comment.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey, Rece Davis just did some journalism by asking Kirby Hocutt if wink wink nod nod isn't the committee really just looking for name brand recognition instead of picking the 4 teams that are most deserving? He wink winked and nod nodded of course not!

12. Double Down

No, Dick has always done it. It's just that of late he's defended you as one of his own.

He thinks this is some weird shit about typefitter, but it's not. I'm happy to declare that in public or private. You guys have been adamant lately that you argue the way you do, often in tandem, because of how much you love journalism. That's mostly true of Dick, when he's not playing a character, but it's not true of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.