1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny how YF the coward continues to run and hide from me, yet he keeps posting about me.

Plenty of posters sound like me to you, YF. They do it because I'm not the only one who sees you for the lying hypocrite that you have proven yourself to be time and again on this board.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't really think it was that overt. And I should stipulate, I guess, that I have no doubts she was qualified. The narrow point I'm on is that it's silly to think she didn't benefit from her status. Even back at Texas -- hell, particularly back in Texas -- it likely was the factor that put her in the "gotta try to hire" pile from the get-go.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

In academe you use any card you can play. That doesn't make it proper but that is the game.
    Goes for 1963 or 2013.
    Sayre's law - Wikipedia

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A hell of a lot more white guys have benefitted from their "heritage" to get into Harvard than people of color - lets not kid ourselves.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think that YF (or anyone) can be right about something for the wrong reason but still right. The way sexual misconduct is covered is a hobby horse for me right now - it’s a pretty rich, evolving niche - and I think we happen to agree on a lot of those points.

I’d be sad if you thought I was being insincere about it.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Guys, it wasn’t her card to play. That’s the point. She’s not Native-American.

Her taking a job based on heritage she does not have is the ultimate example of white privilege.

Being upset by that does not make you a supporter of white privileged.

QYFW likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All of this to support YF's failed attempt to defend President Trump's latest adventure in making an ass of himself.

At least I think it is the latest. I haven't checked Twitter in the last 30 minutes or so.

10. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Interesting article from someone who is pro-Net Neutrality, but opposed to Title II regulations, if you’re someone who cares to delve deeper than a John Oliver segment and some misleading tweets and who chooses to develop your opinions based on something besides how you “feel” about certain things.

https://stratechery.com/2017/pro-neutrality-anti-title-ii/

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ugh, you overplay it when you say she “[took] the job based on heritage” because it’s ultimately unprovable. The key question should be whether she tried. That’s the criticism.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump,gets into Penn on white privilege, not a problem. His children get in on white privilege, not a problem. His current wife lied on immigration papers to get citizenship as an illegal alien, not a problem. White Privilege, working for America since 1492

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.