1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm not going to defend that imbecile, ever.
    When you run partly on economy and job creation then it's on you.
    I can't ever get you to connect the dots and I don't want to berate you again.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

A brief respite. This is hilarious.

lakefront and SpeedTchr like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Link? Or was the point to just throw that out there in your quest to defend Republicans at all costs and hope we'd just take your word for it?

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, are you insufferable. Watch that fucking dog and get out of your own head for a minute.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The adults are discussing current events, oop.
    The comic book thread is down the hall.

SnarkShark and QYFW like this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I still have it. I'll read it this week when I can give it the proper attention.

Here was my thinking there, for whatever it's worth: I decided to ignore you, because you'd spent a lot of time taking shots at me and I wasn't getting much out of it. (Like, how many times have you dug at the "profit" line? Dozens, at least, right? Right?) So it was better for me just to scroll past your posts. Then you sent me a PM wanting to connect about our kids—believe me, I know you are riding an occasionally rough road there, and I know it's hard sometimes—and I was like, Why would I want that? I am not much for public putdowns and private friendship. I am an all-or-nothing kind of guy, and I think you know that.

All that being said, I am much for genuine friendship. If you want to let bygones be bygones, we can try that. We're not going to be on the same page about a lot of things, but your sins aren't unforgivable to me. It's up to you, okay? But it has to be a two-way street. We treat each other with sincerity, always. That's the deal.

I am getting so fucking soft in my old age. You caught me when my kids are here, and they are sleeping in their beds while I watch over them, and they look like angels when they're sleeping.

I hope you agree to shake on it.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, no link? :D

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Sure. But don't tell anyone. Might hurt my street cred.

BTW, I've been working in newsrooms for 20-plus years. My worldview is generally disagreeable to almost every person I consider a friend.

9. typefitter

All right, deal. Nice. We did some good work here today.

BTW, I've heard you're a giant asshole in real life, too. Just more loveable in the colourful flesh.

That's a joke.

I'll read and respond to your PM tomorrow.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm genetically predisposed to being an asshole, but like you, fatherhood has smoothed some of the edges.

12. typefitter

They really do look like angels when they're sleeping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.