1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

My son has slept through the night once since May. He sometimes resembles something else at 2 a.m. every morning.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

So, if it helps—my autistic son was a terrible sleeper. I can remember standing outside his room one night and saying the worst thing I've ever said, but I've forgiven myself, mostly, because I was so fucking tired. He nearly broke us. He also screamed constantly whenever he was in his car seat. Like, he could scream for hours without rest. The car was its own level of Hell.

He's 11 now. He loves going in the car, where he reads his piles of books quietly to himself for hours without rest. And he went straight to sleep tonight, and he will sleep until I wake him up in the morning, dragging him out of bed just in time for school.

It will get easier. It will get better. One day all of you will sleep deeply enough as though to appear in a family coma. It will be Heaven, and it's coming.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well now, this gets slippery, because “teaching” at an Ivy isn’t the same thing as being a tenured/tenure-track professor at an Ivy (or similar).

And I’m sure it’s happened. But such is rarer than hen’s teeth. Shit, one of the alums of my department’s doctoral program holds an endowed chair at a Big Ten school and you’d think he invented water or something,

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

melock likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Haha. This guy is great.

10. YankeeFan

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

President pussycat, what a twat

12. YankeeFan

Fordham piece called Warren Harvard Law's 'first woman of color'

By MAGGIE HABERMAN

05/15/2012 02:33 PM EDT

Elizabeth Warren has pushed back hard on questions about a Harvard Crimson piece in 1996 that described her as Native American, saying she had no idea the school where she taught law was billing her that way and saying it never came up during her hiring a year earlier, which others have backed up.

But a 1997 Fordham Law Review piece described her as Harvard Law School's "first woman of color," based, according to the notes at the bottom of the story, on a "telephone interview with Michael Chmura, News Director, Harvard Law (Aug. 6, 1996)."

The mention was in the middle of a lengthy and heavily-annotated Fordham piece on diversity and affirmative action and women. The title of the piece, by Laura Padilla, was "Intersectionality and positionality: Situating women of color in the affirmative action dialogue."

"There are few women of color who hold important positions in the academy, Fortune 500 companies, or other prominent fields or industries," the piece says. "This is not inconsequential. Diversifying these arenas, in part by adding qualified women of color to their ranks, remains important for many reaons. For one, there are scant women of color as role models. In my three years at Stanford Law School, there were no professors who were women of color. Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/05/fordham-piece-called-warren-harvard-laws-first-woman-of-color-123526

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.