1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Keith Olbermann is one of those people whose popularity mystifies me. I just don't see the talent that others seem to see.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of the people RTed has allegedly been convicted of hate crimes ... if you believe this House of Commons member.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is sleeping your way to the top sexual harassment or just smart career planning?

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, how have you come to grips with the forced High Arctic relocation of the Inuit, that happened in the 1950’s?

Interesting too that the age of consent in Canada was 14 until 2008. If Roy Moore was Canadian, he’d be all good.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In other cheery news, consulting firm McKinsey, where one of my brothers worked for many years, has published a report forecasting that automation will eliminate one-third of existing US jobs by 2030, which is not so far away. It urges mass government action to mitigate the transition, which of course will never happen because freedom. Pretty hard to see how a consumption based economy continues to exist if there aren't jobs with which to earn money that allows people to consume goods and services.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He has only one good use — being an anthropomorphic blue whale newsman for MSNBSea on Bojack.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. We’re all concerned that Donald Trump is going to get someone killed.

But, in reality, it’s Republican congress members who faced assassination at the hands of a far left activist, and a Republican Senator who was violently attacked in his front yard.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I mean, if David Duke thought it was a good idea ...

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's going to get really bad for blue-collar folks and service industry workers.

You already see it at big box stores. There's a Home Depot nearby that's my go-to for projects (like getting replacement bulbs for the Christmas tree last night). Aside from the contractor's side at the lumber yard and out in lawn and garden, I can't remember the last time I saw an actual cashier working the main registers. Instead, they've installed four self-check kiosks and have one person directing traffic there.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

By a neighbor, over trees, not policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.