1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

She's been charged for a speech she gave a couple of weeks ago. Her trial is next month. She was convicted of religiously aggravated harassment a year or two ago for going after a woman in the street wearing a hijab.

She is not a good person.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Forgotten about Charlottesville already?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Self driving trucks are going to put a ton of people out of work, who don’t have the skill required for other work.

4. YankeeFan

Sure. That’s all it was.

The fact that the neighbor was a lefty had nothing to do with it.

Let’s face it, if Trump is driving anyone to violence, it folks on the left.

5. typefitter

This is HOF-worthy Whataboutism, even by your standards. The forced High Arctic relocation of the Inuit in the 1950s? Have you come to grips with the lasting shame of the Civil War? Jesus Christ. What the fuck does that have to do with Trump RT'ing a British hate group?

But just to indulge your twattery for a moment, because it's so timely: Here is recent video of my Prime Minister making a tearful apology to indigenous students placed in residential schools.

Now compare and contrast that man and his behaviour with your orange president and his. I sleep at night very well, thank you.

6. YankeeFan

The Civil War was nearly 100 years before the forced relocation of the Inuit. It wasn’t until the 1990s that Canada began to address it properly.

So, let’s not pretend that your country hasn’t had their own problems with racism that continue to permeate society.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I sleep very well because, Quaaludes.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So are lots of other technologies. Sounds like a good reason to scrap the antiquated system of valuing people by their work and move toward Universal Basic Income.

lcjjdnh likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't want to hear how well you guys sleep.

11. typefitter

You want to compare your 60s with our 60s? Go right ahead.

Your CURRENT PRESIDENT is openly racist, and your support of him means, at best, that you condone his racism and more likely means that you're racist, which I've always suspected about you and now believe firmly to be true.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You are usually much better at spinning than this. Anthony Scaramucci would expect better of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.