1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

You don’t know me!

But, it’s not about comparing countries. America has, and has had, its issues —especially involving race. You acted like Canada did not, and does not. That’s obviously false.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Truck drivers are insanely skilled.

I can see automated trucks handling long-haul routes from, say, port to terminal. But I think there are too many variables on making endpoint deliveries for AI to handle it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's all right. Candidate Donald Trump Jr. will pledge to bring all the truck-driving jobs back.

HanSenSE and SnarkShark like this.
  4. YankeeFan

I deal with truckers several times a week. I agree that they’re skilled, and that (most) end point deliveries will continue to be made by humans for some time.

But, the long haul routes employ a ton of people. They won’t need a driver if the destination is a warehouse.

And, the skills, and job environment, of a long haul trucker won’t translate well. These are guys who like the solidarity of their jobs.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'll let the good people of SJ.com decide what you are. They've seen plenty this week to come to their own conclusions. I've come to mine, and I'm done with you for today. Try not to use the N-word in the meantime. It's racist.

6. YankeeFan

But not always, right?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think you severely underestimate where AI is going to be in a few years. That kind of challenge is right in the tech’s wheelhouse

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Least surprising post EVER!

9. YankeeFan

It will get there for local deliveries eventually, but it will take longer.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I feel like we're glossing over the fact that POTUS tried to hint today that Joe Scarborough basically murdered his congressional intern (and then deleted the tweet).

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Meh ... I don't wanna talk about the tangerine buffoon. Him doing something stupid/offensive/racist is on the order of "the sun rose over the eastern horizon this morning."

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

People are talking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.