1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Gotta like the clickbait headlines though.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what was this about? Was Joe trying to avoid a fight with Trump?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just get tired of the tedious back-and-forth with an enormous asshole.

melock, HC, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I keep telling people this is the biggest consequence of the self-driving movement and I largely get sloughed off.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's a good thing. Or at least it should be. When we figure out how to do the same stuff with less labor, society gets richer.

You just have to keep the market fetishist doofuses away from feeding grapes to the rich long enough to make sure that society is there to help the displaced workers.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Et tu?

The amount of resources we devote to piloting ourselves and our stuff around -- and dealing with our piloting ourselves and our stuff -- is staggering. Computerized driving is going to be one of the most liberating things ever. We will be orders (emphasis on the plural) richer when it all shakes out.

lcjjdnh and amraeder like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

More than 10,000 people die of alcohol-related driving incidents a year, as well.

About the same as firearms.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree. But my wife’s family opperates a business that works with the trucking industry. The people I’ve talked to about this have blinders on and probably won’t be prepared for a shift.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But what if we enjoy piloting ourselves around?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship - just released from prison - announces a Senate run in West Virginia.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I work in an auto plant and the things the robots can do is beyond anything I ever imagined possible 10 years ago. Pretty soon they'll train the robots to pick us up by the scruff of our uniforms while simultaneously filling out our pink slip before depositing us in a flaming Odyssey minivan slowly idling towards Lake Erie.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.