1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

They'll be jobs for them on the once-again booming private prison industry, according to Trump and Jeff Sessions.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

hahaha - well played.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

My dad used to enjoy developing photos. People used to enjoy chatting with the elevator operator.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The life expectancy in the U.S. is often trotted out as evidence of our health care failures. When you adjust for driving and gun-related deaths, however, things start looking a LOT different.

amraeder likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, um, I think this board, of all places, pretty much sympathizes.

SnarkShark likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Call me crazy, but maybe you guys should do something about driving and gun-related deaths, then?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think this board is a place where it's pretty likely that we all have personal experience with structural unemployment and the challenges technology presents to industries that become at least partially obsolete.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I can't hear you over the sound of freedom.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nah, you’re not crazy ... but wouldn’t you agree that’s a separate issue from how we finance health care?

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The driving thing appears to be a North America problem not limited to the United States.

The Worst Countries In The World For Drunk Driving [Infographic]

To be fair, although Canada's percentage of traffic deaths related to alcohol impairment is higher than the U.S. (34 percent to 31 percent), the U.S. has a higher overall traffic death rate, 10.6 per 100,000 inhabitants vs. 6.1 per 100,000 inhabitants:

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think we're a long way from it, but if there ever comes a time when people aren't allowed to drive themselves, or their preferred vehicles, that might cause a greater ruckus than any attempt at gun control. A lot of people love driving. A lot of people love the sound of a gasoline-powered engine, too.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I work at a newspaper and an auto plant. Looking for a third job as a VCR repairman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.