1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC Fires Matt Lauer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 29, 2017.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

NBC should pull the brinks truck up to Scott Van Pelt's house.

Hokie_pokie, HanSenSE and poindexter like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, because Jim got handsy.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Shit, I gotta watch that episode again!

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Where is Josh Elliott again?
    His rise to glory fascinated me. Nothing but a big, handsome empty suit who, every time you turned around, was getting another promotion.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She was not upset with Jim becoming handsy. She was upset her boob popped out.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is fascinating to watch today. Matt Lauer grilling, and at points chastising, Bill O'Reilly.

lakefront likes this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

So he could help crush Greenberg's new morning show?

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Somewhere out there in that glorious madness.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

C-SPAN's Washington Journal has been waiting in the bushes all these years, boring hour after boring hour, for every other network to be embroiled in so many scandals that everybody tunes in.

[​IMG]

Hokie_pokie and franticscribe like this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Never watched The Office, but I am certainly familiar with The Look.

I used to send very inappropriate IMs to my ex while we were in the office together. She'd send them right back, too. One time, in an all-time ill-advised move, I let one of the other guys on the desk read a few of them.

Of course she found out about it, and the IMs stopped cold. As did the activities described therein. And, rightly so.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The blinders some of you have on this is amazing to me.

Three of the four newsrooms I worked in had editors in their late 30s or older who were known, I mean known, within the newsroom to chase after every cute young female reporter to get hired.

I imagine that if those of you who didn't notice it going on asked your female colleagues about their experiences you would get an eye-opening response.

(Full disclosure: I am happily married to a woman who was an intern in one of those newsrooms, and I am sure someone could make hay out of that in the current climate if I were a politician or in some other position of prominence. But we are close in age, I had literally no power in the organization, and we didn't start dating until after her internship ended.)

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

John McArdle! My dude! He's way balder than he was in our college days.

Hermes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted