1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC Fires Matt Lauer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 29, 2017.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Would we rather Geraldo make up some sappy shit rather than write what he wrote?

It was a flirty business. But it was wrong, and it was a male power grab, and now, the tables have turned, hard.

Better that people hear the perspective and better understand the pathology that has always been there.

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Up until he says "criminalizing courtship & conflating it w predation". He should know the difference.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

One NBC note regarding Kelly and her future.

NBC is well known for taking a competitor's key asset, paying for it and letting that person rot under the peacock.

Megyn Kelly is only the latest. Sam champion and Josh Elliott came over from ABC once GMA passed Today.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Damn ... wish I’d known “news is a flirty business” back when I was in it. That business reporter (ironic?) on whom I had a life-threatening crush ... maybe I’d have been able to muster the nerve to actually, you know, talk to her.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If you know the difference, and I do, who gives a shit if he does? I never had Geraldo Rivera on a pedestal.

Time to squeeze out the pus. If he wants to expose himself as a misogynist, well, he'd already done that many times in his career, and he's done it again.

Again: Show me who you are, and we'll go from there.

wicked and Buck like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Like what was in Al Capone's vault?

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Pithy and well said.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Gerry Rivers's rant here is proof that you can actually see Tweets sweat as they try to cover their own author's ass.

YankeeFan and PCLoadLetter like this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hey, maybe Geraldo was joking.

[​IMG]

Nahhh.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Didn't Geraldo post some quasi-naked picture himself on Twitter or something? I don't want to look it up, but I have this weird black stain in my memory bank that I think his topless frame once occupied. You post stuff like that for public consumption, God knows what you might send privately.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I seem to recall him making supportive statements of a similar nature when Ailes was forced out.

Draft saved Draft deleted