1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

But Rand Paul's neighbor kicked his ass so....yeah.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Kansas was a horrible test case for this because of the undiversified state of its economy. It MIGHT work in Texas if those folks weren't so focused on national politics.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When it comes to wars and tax cuts? Nah.

But I imagine fighting global warning now might be far cheaper than the remedies. Preventative health care pays for itself in fewer and shorter hospital stays. And to some extent, foreign aid - if the alternative or inevitable outcome would be war.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Numbers in perspective ...

2016 US GDP was ballpark $18.5 trillion
    2016 US government expenditure was ballpark $4 trillion

For convenience let’s take these as baseline and assume NO growth. Given that, over the coming 10 years that would be $185 trillion in GDP and $40 trillion in government expenditures.

You’ll forgive me if I am unconvinced that over that 10-year period a $1 trillion difference in those expenditures (via this tax cut) is the stuff of Armageddon.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All fair. I have no beef. I do believe that all this excess money sloshing around is going to lead to some, perhaps many poor investments, but that's just a belief in human nature, not economics. For example. After this bill passes would be a wonderful time to start a new pro sports league. Call it the Gary Davidson Moment.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

uh oh! Don't know what time this was taken...

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sean Astin‏Verified account @SeanAstin Nov 29
    I am NOT a "Butt Hurt" Hollywood Liberal Elite. I'm a married man of 26 years with three daughters and I'm a human fucking being. #AMERICA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, you are blowing the biggest lead human civilization has granted a people in history. TRUMP is a VILLAIN. #ImpeachNow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

melock, cyclingwriter2 and heyabbott like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So th deficit that has been the stuff of Republicans tears for 8years and 16 of the last 25years has been overblown?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's because Armageddon is coming much sooner than 10 years.

[/Ragu]

heyabbott likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So as we go to press, or bed in my case, the Republicans have the votes to pass a tax bill in the Senate, but unfortunately for them have yet to be able to write a bill on which to vote. They were out of power to move legislation for eight years and here we are. I think it was Benjamin Wittes who nailed early on. Malevolence tempered by incompetence.

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.