1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

T H E B E S T P E O P L E
    H
    E

B
    E
    S
    T

P
    E
    O
    P
    L
    E

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

A lot of people are shitting themselves this morning, I suspect. You don't use Pappadapolus and Flynn pleading guilty to lying to the FBI to get just Manafort.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. There is no story.

There’s still no evidence of any illegal contact between the Trump campaign and Russia.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The lying to the FBI happened less than a week after Trump was sworn in.

Also, several White House reporters are tweeting Trump and his staff found out about all this via the media.

5. Double Down

LOLOLOLOLOL

Buckle up. It's going to get real rocky for your boy if you think these guys' misdeeds were limited to "process crimes."

franticscribe likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure.

So, tell me, what’s your best guess as to what the underlying crime is? What did anyone on the Trump campaign do that could be prosecuted? (Aside from being dumb enough to lie to the FBI.)

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Knowingly cooperating with a foreign power to influence an election for their own benefit and in the case of Trump for cash considerations for his businesses. Obstruction of justice by Trump. Perjury before Congress as to said cooperation (that'd be Sessions). Seems like enough.

9. Double Down

I don't know because I'm not the federal prosecutor who has seen a mountain of evidence. What I do know is, the ONLY reason Flynn would accept a plea deal (and be offered one) is he has agreed to exchange his guilt and cooperate on going after worse things b/c there is an abundance of evidence that suggests he committed much worse crimes. What they were, only Mueller's team knows for now. But this is very very bad for your man. You keep saying "Show me the evidence! Show me what these guys did!" as if that's how a wide-ranging investigation works. Flynn saw what they had on him and panicked. What they have on him (and what they want and what Flynn has certainly agreed to help them get) is way worse than lying to the FBI. That's the whole point of a plea deal.

LongTimeListener and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Are there any cousins, identical cousins mentioned in the reports?

Do they walk alike, talk alike, am I losing my mind?

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Of course. Looking to see how Trump throws Flynn under the bus, or deflects blame on Obama or Clinton.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The most predictable response ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.