1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Definitely. This is scorched earth class warfare waged by the GOP against the lower classes. It’s shameful.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Guys, it's important to remember there is nothing to suggest Flynn has any information on anyone above him ... other than the fact that he just plead guilty to a low-level crime that may likely still send him to prison as part of a wide-ranging investigation involving potential obstruction of justice, kidnapping, FARA violations, money-laundering and potential treason.

[​IMG]

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’d like to think they’ll pay a price eventually. But they won’t.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm not happy about the tax bill, but I can't gin up much outrage over it. You can't expect to get through two or more years of total Republican control of the federal government and not expect them to pass a tax bill that makes the rich better off and the poor less so.

It's not good, but it's predictable and it's by far the least evil thing we have to worry about from this group.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know. I see people up in arms about it and it kind of goes in one ear and out the other. This may be wrong, and I know it had a real world impact on people, but in the current state, I can't get too worked up about normal Republican bills. I'm mostly worried about nuclear war.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That was utter nonsense. They did NOT talk alike, dammit!

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A timeline:

January 24: Flynn lies to FBI about his meetings with the Russian Ambassador
    January 26: Yates warns White House that the National Security Advisor has lied to the FBI about his meetings with the Russian Ambassador and thus is subject to blackmail by Russia
    January 27: Trump refuses to fire Flynn, demands loyalty pledge from Comey
    January 30: Trump fires Yates

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Hatch Act!

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

"I don't think he did anything wrong. If anything, he did something right." --POTUS on Flynn, in February.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really am curious. Does YF have compromising pictures of you or are you really that fond of the guy that you defend him so fiercely?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not defending him. I'm trying to save you the breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.