1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Excellent point. If the Trump campaign and administration's interactions with Russians at all levels were legitimate and defensible, then why have so many of them felt the need to lie about them? Repeatedly, and at seemingly all levels, from chumps like Pappadapolous and Carter Page all the way up to current key members of the administration like Sessions and Kushner. (I'll even leave Trump out of this for now.)

If there was no reason to lie, then why lie? Given that as we saw again today you can get caught for lying and that alone can get you in serious trouble – even if, as you seem to argue re: Flynn, you lied to cover up something that wasn't even illegal but perfectly legitimate – then why lie, and lie, and lie? Why take that immense risk? Are they all so foolish that they didn't think their lies might be found out, because, for instance, they were so naive they didn't know that the U.S. gov't monitors many contacts with Russia? How did Flynn not know that?

It seems to me that there are only two options to explain such constant lying about Russian contacts:

– They are almost universally grossly incompetent.
    – They are covering something up that is either illegal or, at the very least, potentially politically disqualifying, and thus worth lying about and hoping your lies aren't discovered. And/or you're betting that even if the lies are uncovered, you can weather the storm because a gutless GOP controls Congress and your base doesn't care that you're lying liars as long as the Big Man relentlessly attacks their enemies (the "elite" of any party, the MSM media, non-white-Christian males, libtards, etc.). Though I don't think they counted on a determined straight arrow like Robert Mueller being handed the authority to go after them. Oops!

So which is it? Incompetent foofs, or there really is fire that's causing all the smoke? (Though "both" is a valid answer.)

Or, feel free to argue for a Door #3. Or argue that there hasn't been a clear, demonstrated pattern of lying; though factually-speaking, that's a non-starter. Now, alternative facts...

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Thanks to gerrymandering they won’t.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybe it's simply about the boards distaste for you.

He is ignoring you and you go 4 post in a row responding to a wall. The wall is not talking back.

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

We'll see. They're basically setting fire to their chances in the suburbs. You can't gerrymander every district to protecting a bill that re-shapes American life and it's liked by 20 percent of the electorate.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with the opinion, but please don't speak for the whole board.

melock likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm responding to posts related to the topic of the thread. Whether or not the lying coward is reading what I write is not relevant to me.

Neither is your opinion. You've proven yourself to be every bit the lousy human being as YF.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL. The GOP is waging class warfare. Got it.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

9. Tarheel316

I hope you’re right. But too many Trump supporters have already voted against their own economic interests.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You defend him constantly, not just in this instance.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Good Lord. I'm the one who called someone an "enormous asshole" this week, and even I find this beyond tedious.

12. Tarheel316

You don’t think they are? A tax bill that heavily favors the rich and hurts the poor isn’t class warfare?

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.