1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Actually, yes it is illegal. Trump was not yet President, and it is flat illegal for private citizens to conduct diplomacy.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think we can expect Trump to weigh in on how terrible the Tennessee athletic director is any minute now.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think I want Don Jr. to go to jail the most. That's the one that would cause me to take a long pull from a cigarette.

melock likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

I might take up smoking when that happens just so I can put my feet up on the desk, take a long drag, and send a long stream up at the ceiling grinning.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If by "all hell" you mean several comments by Republican congressmen about how concerned they are but no actual consequences for blatant obstruction of justice?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Why him?

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Start shooting heroin if Trump gets impeached?

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

Opinion | The Trump tax plan just hit another rough patch. The real problem? Math, and GOP lies.

"Because the plan cannot increase the deficit in the out-years, Senate Republicans have packaged a large permanent corporate tax cut with temporary tax preferences and cuts to individual rates that do give many working- and middle-class taxpayers short-term cuts — and will expire after 2025. The result: The plan gives the top 1 percent (who overwhelmingly benefit from corporate rate cuts) an
    enormous tax cut in 2027, while up to 50 percent of taxpayers see a hike.

Republicans have falsely described their plan as fundamentally a middle-class tax cut. This has forced them to claim that of course Congress will renew those tax cuts for less-fortunate earners later, so the long-term tax hike on them doesn’t really count. But if this is so, then that raises a question about the changes that are now being made to accommodate Corker. Either those changes amount to an even bigger tax hike later, when taken along with the expiration of tax cuts that is already scheduled in the plan, or Republicans will again say that none of these tax hikes will ever really take effect, which means the explosion to the deficit later is still very much on schedule."

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Link?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.