1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Here, I found one for you. From a dear friend of the administration and sharp legal mind.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa. I *think* you're smarter than this? Sometimes.

No, Flynn being allowed to take a deal does not mean that there is nothing further. It means that there are much, much bigger fish to fry and he flipped on them.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

These "I ignore poster X, and I am going to tell you about it every other day" proclamations have become more tiresome than the "I am leaving for board for good for reason X" proclamations.

HC, lcjjdnh, LongTimeListener and 2 others like this.
  4. RickStain

So wait. You referred to "liberals" (it might have been democrats) when you really meant secular liberals.

But you're *very concerned* with people lumping anti-Trump conservatives in with the broader evangelical movement that wholeheartedly supports Trump.

Your obsession with hypocrisy is mere projection.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You should ignore them.

poindexter and doctorquant like this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I wouldn't dare put you on ignore and miss out on that avatar pic you're sporting.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No. I meant who said this was only a small part of the overall investigation. You did to set up a strawman. No one else outside of MAGA world who knows anything about federal investigations feels that way.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

People do very risky things when they feel they must. The Republicans are going to pass a very unpopular tax bill because they had to. Facing a hostile electorate without mega-contributions from their donors was unthinkable. Trump will fire Mueller, probably quite soon, because he has to. Otherwise, he faces catastrophe. Firing Mueller may not stop that catastrophe, but it would push it off for some time.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Doesn't it bother you to expose yourself as being this gullible?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've always been on top of the latest fashion trends.

12. RickStain

There is technically truth in the idea that there is probably nothing "actionable" in the Russian collusion by the standards of a very friendly Republican congress to the perpetrators. As always, it's almost impossible to prove quid pro quo when they can just claim that the quid and the quo are incidental and we're all just good friends who do favors for each other (Menendez).

In a sane world, this would probably be an argument that played out in their post-impeachment felony trials because "you can't prove I subverted American interests for favors, maybe I just did it because I'm good friends with all these oligarchs who like to do me favors" should be plenty to get you removed from office.

Unfortunately for those involved (although they may yet skate due to tribalism), they also lied about it repeatedly under oath and the President fired the FBI director to obstruct the investigation.

Sessions and Kushner in particular should be feeling pretty nervous if "Flynn would be charged with what the higher-up people would be charged with" logic holds true. Both blatantly lied under oath about remembering many, many meetings with Russians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.