1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That I'm a litigator?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Most people I know are screaming about what's going to happen "by 2027!!!"

Good lord. There will be at least one and maybe two administrations re-doing things before then.

Because that's what they do. It's why Nick Saban said "I am not going to be the coach at Alabama." There was no fucking reason to lie, as he was at the podium in Tuscaloosa two days later. But he did. Why?

Also because it is absurd that you would accept, "President Putin and I had a great meeting in which we discussed various ways to improve relations between our countries" from candidate Trump and simply let it go at that. So no matter what he does --- tell the truth or lie his ass off as usual --- the reaction is going to be the same.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Hah. No, man, I meant that particular sentence.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's what I mean, though. Like literally what I have to do is the other side says, "Well what about this case?" And I have to explain why it's different.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If Flynn participated in a conspiracy to “collude” with Russia, prosecutors likely would have required him to plead to that.

He’s not going to be able to testify about a conspiracy he didn’t participate in, without it hurting the prosecution’s case.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

“What do you do for a living, Dick?”
    “I’m in whataboutism.”

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Oooh, ooh. Now do obstruction of justice and perjury.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is a sentence in the plea agreement about how not all the information related to the crime has been disclosed by the prosecution. Seems a bit like foreshadowing to me.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What’s there to “do”.

Trump hasn’t testified under oath, and likely can’t be tried for obstruction.

Anyone who did perjur themselves, when their was no underl crime, or attempted to obstruct an inquiry into something that didn’t happen is an idiot, but I continue to see no evidence of some sort of criminal conspiracy with Russia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.