1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That’s legal analysis?

Who thinks he’s going to be charged under this? Anyone?

And, tell me how working on delaying a UN vote would be applicable under this law?

Is it working against the US to work on delaying a UN vote?

We didn’t even vote for the resolution, did we? We abstained, right?

2. YankeeFan

Yeah. It’s the really good stuff that hasn’t leaked.

I’m not even asking for the proof that someone is guilty of a crime. I’m looking for the allegation of it. I’m looking for a plausible scenario where a crime was committed.

And, each time we have BIG NEWS, this is what’s missing.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No that's not legal analysis. It's a law. I know you don't like it, but what is so hard to understand here?

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Guys why in the world would Jared Kushner be so interested in colluding with foreign governments, perhaps against the interests of the United States? I keep scratching my head, and I can't think of a reason.*

*other than the fact that his family owes $1.2 billion sometime in the next year or they're likely to default on the massive loan they took out on a lemon of a Manhattan real estate deal that would essentially send their family into financial peril and they've shown (back when they were Democrats!) a total willingness to do shady immoral shit in the interests of maintaining their wealth and status.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Stoney likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

YF, I really wouldn't invest too much more effort into defending Trump. Once the GOP gets this Valentine to the 1% passed, they really don't need him any more. He's becoming an embarrassment. He'll be going under the bus before long.

The question is who will be left to take over, because Pence may very well not be.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think that's wishful thinking. Mueller's stuff will reveal that Trump committed federal crimes, but it won't be any worse than a bunch of other stuff he's either admitted to or obviously is guilty of.

Their play is going to be the same play it's always been: Occasionally issue toothless statements about how bad it all is for the anti-Trump conservatives, attack the favorite targets to get the base fired up, and try to survive the electoral counterwave through gerrymandering and voter suppression.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We're almost a year in at this point. The bridges are still standing. Planes aren't dropping out of the air. They are content to let the idiot be a figurehead for another three years rather than undermining faith that the will of the people is carried out.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Wonder-35-Yawn-Static-Image.jpg

10. YankeeFan

Is it likely that Jared, or anyone else, will be charged under it?

None of the guilty pleas have to do with violating it.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Could be, but I'm not so sure. He's getting worse at an ever-increasing pace.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jared Kushner is someone who is not very close to the President. He was not an employee of the campaign or White House. Sarah Huckabee January 2018

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.