1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC Fires Matt Lauer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 29, 2017.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Is that a gay joke?

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It wasn’t just an open secret, it was a running joke.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm pissed that 30 Rock didn't cover this. Shocked that Fey missed one.

LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Says the guy who famously married his direct report.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lauer took the right steps a few years back when he cut the scraps on his head to aproximately a quarter inch. It was a good look.

But the next step, the stubble that is about a sixteenth of an inch? Not great. He doesn't have a good head for the Mr. Clean look.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump and Harvey are the worst offenders to come to light since Cosby. All agree?

Attached Files:

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing she knew. How could someone with all those NBC ties and supposedly street-smarts not know?

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Because of how he votes, like the gay thing, you can not be secretly gay and vote against their issues. You can't be a whore in private and vote against ,for example, birth control issues. This is my opinion, not a law, my opinion of how people who make the rules should behave. You can not say you are one thing, and vote accordingly, but in private be the opposite of what you claim to be. Again not a legal qualification, just what I expect from my elected officials.

And it is obviously not illegal to do these things but I think people who depend on their reputation to gain their jobs, politicians, should be exposed when they are not what they pretend to be.

9. Dick Whitman

It is perfectly consistent to be gay and also believe that the Constitution does not, for example, include a right to marriage equality.

Another example: Don't white people vote for affirmative action?

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Affirmative action shows that you don't get my point. If someone was a racist and ran on being s racist it would be wrong of them to vote for A.A. But that is not an issue that fits my sex argument, my issue is with the public/private morals and then voting opposite of what you really are.

I am for affirmative action.
    Fuck the gay person who would deny civil rights to others.
    I also added a sentence to my original post,

11. Dick Whitman

It is perfectly logical to be gay and, for example, appoint a Supreme Court Justice who would vote against a Constitutional protection of same-sex marriage.

Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad would have voted against the Civil Rights Act in the '60s. They were against integration.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted