1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC Fires Matt Lauer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't think being gay comes with a prescribed political agenda.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Is there a running list of offenders?

Because... I think I found this on FB and not here:

IMG_2121.PNG

So... next?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hey, she obviously has as much gravitas as Danny McBride ...

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That bolded word points to an even more intellectually consistent position a homosexual might hold.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Actually, the Constitution doesn’t directly proscribe the right for anyone to marry. If there’s a right to marry then homo or heterosexual marriage is not an impediment. Clearly the heteros have disgraced themselves lately with Moore and Barton, Trump and Gingrich, Rand Paul and his neighbor, the Vegas mass murderer, all the 911 terrorists...

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

As opposed to Kevin Spacey.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Or Bob Barr, Robert Livingston, Henry Hyde, Bob Packwood, Helen Chenoweth, Ken Calvert, Pete Domenici, Strom Thurmond, Steven LaTourette, Mark Foley, David Vitter, Larry Craig , John Ensign, Chip Pickering, Mark Souder, Chris Lee, Herman Cain, Tim Murphy

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Actually, I was just about to agree with Dick Whitman. I think it's perfectly possible that someone could be gay and vote against something that would be considered pro-gay legislation. In fact, I'm sure it has happened.

But I'll assume you're just baiting me. And, let you continue to think you know me.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Nobody in this world and especially in this country, in 2017, has the right to deny 2 consenting human adults the right to be married or do anything that you or I are allowed to do in the United States of America.

I understand the idea of separation,but he (X) should not be allowed to deny the rights of others in their quest for civil rights.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Are you assuming in that , that the gay person would have other issues more important to them. I can see that, totally, but a single vote on gay issues that that person would make, they would be wrong to vote against the wishes of that community---remember this is all coming from the idea that someone is secretly something, wins by claiming they are something they are not. They can do it , just my opinion that they stink.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, I’m arguing that as a matter of Constitutional law they may not believe that marriage equality is protected. Or a gay person may believe that gay men in the military are a potential distraction.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised NBC gave Lauer so much rope to hang himself. His behavior obviously was a liability for the network, once it became public it would harm the Today Show - you wonder why someone high up didn't sit him down at some point.
    I'm not even going to get into the speculation that the network's resistance to the Weinstein story was because they knew that their house wasn't clean either.
    There is an entire generation of people on TV, in politics and other media, sports media too that need to be shown the door. Figure Lack will announce his retirement shortly. I was glad to see Verne Lundquist get his farewell tour. I've seen others (Jimmy the Greek, Cosell) stay too long at the fair and it ends quite badly for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted