1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They would like to trust politicians as well. Been well proven they can't.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Good coverage.

I saw that earlier. I was under the impression America died in January and then the world followed suit when we pulled out of the Paris accord.

The idea that millennials should leave the country is getting a lot of support on Twitter as you can imagine.

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Like when the right did when he voted no on healthcare?
    Will we EVER realize both sides have jerks? The healthcare thing was not that long ago.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No shit. But that doesn't excuse the media from making big mistakes. It's embarrassing when you're a journalist.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You don't read Vox so I'm not sure how you've decided it's biased against your team. The idea that you think it focuses on "narrative" reveals that ignorance. Vox writes almost entirely about policy. No one covered the health care pros and cons and various benefits and consequences better, and same was true of taxes. This, in my opinion, is why it's pointless to debate you about this stuff even if I like you personally. You have no interest in doing any of the actual homework. You just insist everything is fucked, everyone is a robber baron and everyone is just as bad as you suspect. There are a handful of places trying to explain what's going on. A ton has been written about Rubio and Lee trying to save the child tax credit for instance. Ross Douthat wrote a 30-tweet screed about how the opposition to that alone was an embarrassment for people who keep railing about we need to save the West and Muslims are going to take over the world because we're not having babies. I liked the thread here. The Times did a detailed policy analysis story about how this bill was going to reshape much of American tax policy. The information is there. You chose to ignore it and tell us "the media sucks. Not doing a fair job. I know because I know how media works." If that's going to be your approach, fine. But it's pointless to engage with you on this subject when your only card seems to be "well I already know what it's going to say, and it's libruhl propaganda."

Donny in his element and melock like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All we need then is a rope and tree to weed the bad ones out, right?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Both sides have jerks? I was told that's silly.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Journalists make mistakes, usually through excess haste or by trusting an untrustworthy source. Brian Ross, however, makes a lot of mistakes, too many to be explained as coincidence. He's not a good reporter.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I read the Douthat stuff before you posted because I follow him on Twitter. I read Weigel a fair amount. He disagrees with me is not the same as he "doesn't do his homework." Only one of us works in news. I think you're overcompensating.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Fucker can’t even spell “millennials” ...

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I get the weirdest looks when I wear that to the office.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

In fairness, the plane thing was not as bad as it sounds. Someone can dig that up if they want. Plenty of legit stuff to complain about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.