1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Because they're not "media." They're "entertainers." Just ask them.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't listen to/watch either so I wouldn't know.

Regardless, though, that doesn't excuse big mistakes. The media isn't going to prove its worth by getting all pissy and whatabouting every instance of fucking up. In today's environment, that is unacceptable. Don't tell me how important you are then refuse to take responsibility.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I was joking in regards to DD's assertion that I am negligent in my homework doing.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

“They have discretion to do whatever they want,” Seetha Ramachandran, a former Justice Department official and assistant U.S. attorney said of federal prosecutors. “The practice really varies between different federal districts. Some U.S. attorneys offices and parts of [Main] Justice want a cooperator to plead guilty to everything they’ve ever done. Some use a more bare-bones type of guilty plea. So I think it really varies. He’s chosen this strategy.”

So, does someone have an example or two of federal prosecutors allowing someone who was guilty of multiple, serious, crimes, to enter into a “bare bones type of guilty plea” because they had “divulged some very juicy secrets” to presecutors?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump: I’m not worried about Flynn’s guilty plea

So is he lying or just that dumb?

"President Trump on Saturday addressed for the first time his former national security adviser’s admission that he lied to FBI investigators about his contact with Russian officials.

“No, I’m not” worried about what Michael Flynn will tell investigators, Trump told reporters.

“What has been shown is no collusion," he said. "There’s been absolutely no collusion so we’re very happy.”

6. YankeeFan

It’s funny too, we got a leak informing us what Flynn told prosecutors.

Apparently, during the transition, Jared directed him to contact the Russians, and others on the UN Security Counsil, to lobby them to delay the vote condemning Israel.

OMG!! Lock them up!

Oh, that’s not all he told prosecutors you say? So, why would someone leak to the press, and hold back the good stuff?

Why can’t these great reporters, like Brian Ross at ABC News, get any good info out of the sources they’ve spent decades cultivating?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I've been a working member of the media for more than half my life and all I'm saying is that journalists need to be more vigilant than ever not to make big mistakes in light of the focus placed on them by the president.

But by the reaction you would think I make coffee for a living.

8. YankeeFan

I don’t know what your new friend @Dick Whitman has been telling you, but I don’t make coffee for a living!

SnarkShark and Dick Whitman like this.
  9. FileNotFound

I would really like to hear from somebody -- anybody -- an impassioned, fact-based defense of this tax bill and how it will make things better for our country. Go ahead. I'm listening.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The silence is deafening.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Gleeful prison rape joke, followed by a disclaimer that prison rape is bad.

Really covered yourself there.

YankeeFan and Dick Whitman like this.
  12. FileNotFound

I haven't heard a single senator actually defend it or explain how it's good for anybody. I've heard a lot of explanations about how it is a necessarily political victory to make America great again or some fucking goddamn bullshit like that. I don't even see how it's good for corporations. Hey, corporations: If nobody can afford to buy your stuff, you won't make money. I don't understand how crashing the economy benefits anyone, I really don't. I guess that makes me stupid.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.