1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure that little kidnap plot and working as an agent for the Turkish government would never have been turned up by the FBI on its own. Please try to grasp the obvious. Flynn got charged with only one thing because he has turned stoolie. Otherwise, he'd be looking at walking into prison and never walking out.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Which story?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We were able to get information that in the spring of this year, FBI director James Comey testified in a closed door session that his agents had concluded that Flynn made some sort of bad decisions, or didn't remember things properly, seemed kind of confused about the timeline of events in December, but they didn't believe he had deliberately misled them.

That's significant because if you fast forward to today, about seven months later, the special counsel investigators under Robert Mueller have concluded something very different, that there was a deliberate effort by Flynn to mislead the FBI about Flynn's contacts with the Russian ambassador and Flynn agreed in court today.

Fox's Catherine Herridge: Flynn's contact with Russians isn't as "sinister sounding, perhaps, as in the black and white of the court documents"

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's why it's a lesser charge. Than the kidnapping and failing to file as a foreign agent stuff that he could have been charged with. But he wasn't, because he traded information on Trump administration officials' serious crimes in exchange for leniency.

Edit: Wait, crap, am I getting him and Manafort mixed up? Too many Trump campaign officials committing felonies.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You lost me at "Fox's."

BadgerBeer and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The one about a tax bill provision only benefiting a school linked to DeVos.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Link? I'm seeing that story regarding the tax break for Hillsdale College multiple places today and I haven't seen any debunking. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'd like to see it.

Of course, these stories highlight the problem with the way Republicans rammed this bill through the Senate. Far too few people actually know what is in it.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

JFC. At least we know now why he’s off the team.

Hope he didn’t send any dick pics.

The former top FBI official assigned to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 election was taken off that job this past summer after his bosses discovered he and another member of Mueller’s team had exchanged politically charged texts disparaging President Trump and supporting Hillary Clinton, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.

Peter Strzok, as deputy head of counterintelligence at the FBI, was a key player in the investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server to do government work as secretary of state, as well as the probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia in the 2016 election.

During the Clinton investigation, Strzok was involved in a romantic relationship with FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who worked for Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, according to the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

Top FBI official assigned to Mueller’s Russia probe said to have been removed after sending anti-Trump texts

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Rightfully gone. Adds to Mueller’s integrity.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary thread.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a real thread. Just not this one.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Those celebrating this tax reform better remember it in coming years when their taxes go up. But they won’t.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.