1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Keep reading...

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So a Fox commentator interprets it that way... but she's talking about Comey's closed testimony "in the spring of this year". Lots of things came out since then. Certainly by the time that Comey was fired, Sally Yates was warning the White House within days that Flynn was at risk of being blackmailed because he had lied. By that point it seems to have been well known, and I would argue that it was likely known to Comey as well.

As continues to come up, the FBI does not talk about everything it knows, especially early on while they are still gathering info.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in seeing that. Link?

5. outofplace

I don't think he's on right now, but he posted multiple times after I asked him to back up the claim and he did not respond.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was purely incidental.

8. outofplace

Sorry, no. Not even close to enough to say the story has been debunked. The article, which is clearly a column attacking Democrats, does not cite any source at all in claiming other colleges would benefit. Nobody said it was a specific benchmark for Hillsdale. They said you can't show how any other college would be able to use it and Republicans pushing the provision refused to provide any other school that would be able to use it.

So QYFY ducked the question, then provided an unreliable source that offered no evidence at all to support its claim. I wasn't whining before, QY, and I'm not whining now. I'm just pointing out that you tried to run away from your claim, then when called upon it, you proved that you can't support it.

If other colleges would benefit, why couldn't Toomey identify them? Why did he refuse to answer? Why did he let the amendment wiping out his proposal win without a fight?

The only thing debunked here is QY.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

YF just got wood and doesn't know why.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They first called it a “clarification”. It was only after Darcy’s repeated questioning that they even called it a correction.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

ABC News sucks. In other news, Post is reporting that White House lawyer John Dowd drafted Trump's tweet about Flynn today. If so, Dowd's in for a difficult week. What is attorney-client privilege if you're putting words in your client's mouth? Especially if they're incriminating words. I honestly don't know, but I bet we'll find out soon.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with attorney-client privilege. I’ve drafted public statements for clients.

lcjjdnh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.