1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

DON’T YOU RUIN MY EXPECTATIONS YANKEEFAN

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The legitimacy of "both sides" died this year. It's not impressive, interesting, insightful or correct.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I largely agree, if it wasn’t so apparent, in public and on this thread, that this issue is clearly shitty on both sides.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How was the reporting of Hatch's comments egregiously false?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The government can seek to revoke the U.S. citizenship of immigrants after the fact in cases when it determines a person willfully misrepresented or concealed facts relevant to his naturalization. But the government effectively does this in only the most egregious cases, such as instances involving terrorism or war crimes.
    AP Story Confirms Melania Lied, Broke Immigration Laws

Report: Melania Trump worked in U.S. without proper permit

Gaps in Melania Trump's immigration story raise questions

New Immigration Rules Would Have Made 1990s Melania Trump a Deportation Priority

Her citizenship papers have not been released, nor have her applications for immigrant papers and work papers. Nothing that the orange douche and his family say can be taken at face value

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

But we were only talking about metaphorical lynching, so I guess it’s OK.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

39DB5C4A-D28E-4F84-9DDE-8B9C976E10B8.jpeg

melock likes this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There's some degree to which I get it. I can't gin up as much outrage as a lot of liberals over Republicans doing Republican things like cutting taxes for the rich. W

But when you're a Roman in 55 B.C. or so, you've seen the conservatives and liberals swing back and forth in power struggles your whole life. There's real consequences to the ebb and flow, but everything stays more or less coherent as both sides have their waxes and wanes.

But eventually Caeser crosses the Rubicon and the system collapses. It's status quo bias to convince yourself it never will. And the system right now is being intentionally broken at every turn.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That’s not the link I was hoping for.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I’m shocked to learn you haven’t already learned about the poor reporting on this.

Actually, I’m not, because the reporting has been terrible. I’m going to let you look into this for yourself. You might learn something, including which news sources you should trust.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Look at the other guys! It's a conspiracy! Trump and his people sure lied a lot to cover things up, but that isn't evidence of anything!

Please don't look at him too closely....my orange-skinned hero.....oh no....sob....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.