1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Lots of current/former Deadspinners have deleted their Twitter histories simultaneously.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Hmmm....

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What a stooge.

lakefront likes this.
  5. typefitter

I heard earlier today that a male journalist who's been an outspoken feminist online has been accused by multiple women of serious sexual assault, and I have to say, that dovetails with my experience with overtly feminist men. One guy who e-threatened to kick the shit out of me for some perceived anti-woman slight turned out to be gloriously unhinged with women. (Google a guy named Ed, whose last name rhymes with Shampion and is another word for "winner"...I literally don't want to use his name here, because he will find us and he's crazy.) It's come to the point where I see a guy wearing one of those black T-shirts with FEMINIST written on it in big block letters and I read it as RAPIST. It's like some weird version of those dudes who rail against homosexuality in public and turn out to be gay. My suspicions are probably wrong in some very large majority of cases—I'm sure there are plenty of men who are good feminists—but it's happened often enough that I'm always a little wary of men who are more vocal about their gender wokeness than most.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Gian Gomeshi is a prime example.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He’s the guy from The Q?

His fall preceded all of this.

8. typefitter

Correct.

The platform the show had created for him—and his on-air persona as an impossibly sensitive, progressive feminist—helped to draw women to him. He often searched for messages about him posted by women on Twitter or Facebook and, if the women were attractive, alleges one former staffer, he’d contact them directly. “He was soliciting non-stop. It was his playground.”

Jian Ghomeshi: How he got away with it - Macleans.ca

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That might get really fun.

11. typefitter

Wow. That really could be interesting.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Nothing is more fun or interesting than the details of a sexual assault.

I can barely contain myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.