1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Nice. Pete is reading that and saying, "Yes I'm innocent. That guy is an asshole."

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Agreed that it’s an awful statement. And agreed it will play well with his base.

At some point, will swing voters start getting tired of this crap? Honestly, the GOP platform has devolved into “We’re Assholes. But Fuck It, You Want Permission To Be An Asshole Too. Vote For Team Red.”

Said it many times. If the Dems can’t GOTV in record numbers for the 2018 midterms, they never will. And it has to be ENORMOUS turnout to overcome gerrymandering.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out if this is an old quote by U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley that the Des Moines Register was bringing back up from a previous story or something new, but it is making the rounds today. Either way, it isn't a good look.

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing,” Grassley said, “as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”

Darn working class folks spending need us to tell them how to spend their money!

Here is the Register story.
    Despite lawmakers' warnings, few Iowa farmers face estate tax

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

C’mon. You think I missed this?

The headline was trying to be cute. Too many of you probably thought he was saying Hillary should run.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh hell to the no. She'd be an even bigger carpetbagger than Cotton was/is or her mom was when she won a Senate seat.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Why do people come up with silly ideas like that? Oh, right, clickbait.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What, she wouldn’t be great?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

She left Arkansas at what, age 11? Has she ever been back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.