1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That’s an opinion, not a fact , or an analysis he bacts up with anything other than his own expertise.

But, he does say that foreigners who are convicted are often deported.

So, clearly, prosecution was an option.

I’m not sure why, even on something minor like this, folks don’t want to give Trump any credit.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Poor Trump. He's so misunderstood.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Show your work, what did trump do to deserve credit? He said it was him, prove it.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Is there any evidence--other than Trump claiming credit--that he deserves credit?

I don't believe any Chinese officials have said anything to confirm his claim that he's the reason they were released. And the only statement I've seen from those in China (the law professor quoted in the above article) indicates precisely the opposite.

I'll give him credit if it's shown it's deserved. But merely his own tweets demanding credit ain't cutting it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You know you're big-time when there's a rule for you.

Lakers enforcing so-called 'LaVar Ball rule'

Family, friends and agents wait for players in the seats behind the basket closest to the visiting team's locker room at the conclusion of games. Interviews conducted in that designated area and near the tunnel leading to the arena corridors are now forbidden.

In prior years, media socialized and, at times, interviewed individuals in that sector without interference. If a media member is recognized in that area now, arena security or Laker staffers direct that he or she leave the area.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Summer League MVP not withstanding, Ball is playing like complete garbage. The past couple weeks have been eye-opening.

7. poindexter

Well then. There will be no more LaVar quotes I'm sure.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nor less, I fear.

He's every parent we've mocked in "Dear dimwit on the phone." Yet he keeps getting enabled.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Someone will talk to him during the game and tweet or post it wherever, if it hasn't happened already.

10. poindexter

How did you teach your son to be the worst shooter in the NBA?

cjericho and HanSenSE like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is it the shoes? [/marsblackmon]

Vombatus and cjericho like this.
  12. poindexter

Draft saved Draft deleted