1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hatch is losing it.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What happens after Brexit is finalized?

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He’s the second Aunt Viv of presidents.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I would say the Sarah Chalk of presidents but she was better than the other Becky.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't let it ruin my life in the slightest.
    But I'd bet a lot of us here have little ones who are going to spend the prime of their youth and vitality while all of this shit gets cleaned up.
    I take no solace from that.

FileNotFound and MisterCreosote like this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

I have always said if this leads to the formation of a third party - a true middle lane as God intended us to have - then it will be an unalloyed good.

I Should Coco and QYFW like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Of course. But there's a difference in worrying about the future as it relates to your children -- which any good parent would do regardless of the president -- and letting the dysfunction of D.C. keep you from smiling for 4-8 years. I have a child who is going to struggle all his life to some extent but it has nothing to do with politics and while the related worry is a constant companion, I'd be a selfish asshole to let it keep me from enjoying any of the time I have with him.

"Daddy, lay down."

"No, son, the president just tweeted. I have to wring my hands for 30 minutes and complain online. You'll have to fall sleep alone tonight. I'm doing this for you. And the country."

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don’t think anyone in this country is doing that.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Nobody knows yet. But I'll still have England and Wales to choose between. (Scotland and Northern Ireland, maybe not.)

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are you worried that America is going to implode, and take Canada down with it?

11. 3_Octave_Fart

QYFW-
    If I had draft-eligible sons I'd be real-life worried.
    The rah-rah aspect of this disgusts me on both sides, always has.
    This is a problem that requires an adult solution and an American solution, not towel-waving.
    I was a child of the atomic age - none of this garbage fazes me any more than it did at age 12.

QYFW likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Remember when the GOP was appalled by the conduct of its nominee in Alabama?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.