1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. And you said I was “punching up” in doing so.

You write on a number of topics. I’m just curious if there are any where you aren’t punching up yourself.

Or, maybe it’s not meant as a put down.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There is no way. It'll be a conspiracy. It'll be fake news. It'll be the Clintons. It will be somebody else's fault.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Honestly not familiar with the Ross story/source you refer to. Link?

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No, it was meant as a putdown.

5. YankeeFan

Jesus Christ. Do you follow the news at all?

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

Here’s what I want to know, when the “full review” is complete, are they going to share the findings with the public

Did Ross misunderstand his source? Did the the source get it wrong? If the soured did get it wrong, was he/she in a position to have gotten it right, and should Ross have been relying on them in the first place?

ABC News president James Goldston excoriated staff Monday over Brian Ross' major error on a report about former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, and announced that Ross, the network's chief investigative reporter, will no longer cover stories related to President Trump.

Goldston also told staffers that the network was conducting a "full review" of the error and its aftermath.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/937815029319168002

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

None of your business, really. It's an issue to be addressed internally.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Time will tell.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What he said.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's a start. Suspending him for a month without pay doesn't mean much if he returns to the White House beat or anything else related to DC politics these days.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Hoping to put to rest a mystery that has long bedeviled the nation, Donald J. Trump’s personal lawyer, John Dowd, revealed on Monday that it is actually his voice that appears on the notorious “Access Hollywood” tape.

Speaking to reporters, Dowd said that the so-called locker-room talk attributed to Trump had actually been carefully crafted by the former reality-show host’s legal team and then read aloud by Dowd himself.

Additionally, Dowd said that comments widely thought to have been made by Trump indicating that he believed that Frederick Douglass was still alive were also Dowd’s handiwork.

“President Trump was about to say something about whether Frederick Douglass was alive or not, and I stepped in at that moment and said that he was,” Dowd said. “I stand by that statement.”

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.