1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Prove me wrong. Otherwise, you’re just pissing in the wind.

2. Deskgrunt50

I don’t agree with the majority of your interpretations, but I’ve said the party has overreached and made mistakes.

Ultimately, it’s on the right side of history. No doubt about it.

It’s your right to disagree.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Looking the other way on illegal immigration was conservative businessmen wanting to make money off the cheap labor. Liberals just didn't want to treat them like an inhuman second class once that stopped being profitable.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I recall him saying adding to the debt was unpatriotic. So he didn't add to it?

5. Deskgrunt50

Gotta pay for credit card wars eventually. Took courage to take responsibility for the actions of his predecessor.

Besides, haven’t you heard? The deficit doesn’t matter when republicans are in charge. Only an issue when they’re in the minority.

Very complicated.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Did I miss the discussion on this or has it not been posted?

Manafort worked on op-ed with Russian while out on bail - CNNPolitics

"Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was ghostwriting an op-ed while out on bail last month with a Russian who has ties to the Russian intelligence service, Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Muller's team said Monday."

"Even if the ghostwritten op-ed were entirely accurate, fair, and balanced, it would be a violation of this Court's November 8 Order if it had been published," prosecutors wrote. "The editorial clearly was undertaken to influence the public's opinion of defendant Manafort, or else there would be no reason to seek its publication (much less for Manafort and his long-time associate to ghostwrite it in another's name)."

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Inky_Wretch and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

This is the woman I wrote about who is a Facebook acquaintance.

This one with a short video interview.
    WaPo: Roy Moore Accuser Shares New Details About Their Relationship

Woman shares new evidence of relationship with Roy Moore when she was 17

Debbie Wesson Gibson was in her attic hauling out boxes of Christmas decorations last week when she noticed a storage bin she said she had forgotten about. Inside was a scrapbook from her senior year of high school, and taped to a page titled "Those Who Inspire" was a graduation card.

"Happy graduation Debbie," it read in slanted cursive handwriting. "I wanted to give you this card myself. I know that you'll be a success in anything you do. Roy."
    -----------------------------------

"At a Nov. 27 campaign event in the north Alabama town of Henagar, Moore said, "The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women."

"Gibson said that after finding the scrapbook, she was not sure whether to make it public given the threats she received after publication of the original story. Then she heard what Moore said last week, she said, and contacted The Post.

"He called me a liar," said Gibson, who says she not only openly dated Moore when she was 17 but later joined him in passing out fliers during his campaign for circuit court judge in 1982 and exchanged Christmas cards with him over the years. "Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing - my integrity."

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Between the love of Moore and Manafort's obliviousness to the situation, this administration has me numbed. And it's only a few minutes into Tuesday.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Every Republican needs to understand if Roy Moore is elected, he will be their running mate next year. The Democrats will have ads out making the Republicans look like the T-Birds in Grease.
    [​IMG]

franticscribe and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

It was posted but wasn't much discussion. More important things were tossed out, like how Flynn is a victim and Hillary is the real problem.

Manafort is an arrogant, ignorant asshole who things he's above the law (see Trump, Donald).

Hopefully he rots in jail. Or cuts a deal to get bigger targets.

The news cycles are mind-numbing.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.