1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't believe there was anything more than a tiny sprinkling, if that, of unwitting, non-racist idiots who joined with the assorted neo-Nazis, racists, bigots and anti-Semites in what was clearly a white nationalist rally that was organized and led by the country's foremost white nationalist scumbag. And if they stayed at the rally in the midst of people chanting "Jews will not replace us," they are indistinguishable from their company.

Trump made no attempt to carve out any such a subset when he made his preposterous statement and was clearly dog-whistling his approval to his white supremacist supporters. I would expect it to be reported as such. Ignoring truth to satisfy a pedantic obsession would have been a misleading way to report that story IMO.

There is no "neutral" any longer in this discussion as far as I'm concerned. If you appease white supremacists, you're part of the problem. You're one of them.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

#courage

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They're busy softening the ground now with the talking points.

If you've ever had a negative opinion about the man your investigation is proving was a shameless Russian shill and incredibly dirty real estate mogul, then you're obviously biased and shouldn't be allowed to investigate him.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is nobody left who argues Trump's positions in good faith. It's all based on lies and their own biases.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Translation: I really have nothing to say of any substance, but I'm obsessed with this poster so I will try to do my best QYFW impression.

BadgerBeer and WCIBN like this.
  7. doctorquant

Which ones?

8. doctorquant

LOL.

@YankeeFan did I do that right?

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He believes those that support his position. Those that aren't are fake news to him.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Any word yet on the woman in the white muumuu?

I think she's Manafort's handler.

The new dude Carl with his conspiracy theories has me putting on my tinfoil hat and pondering Manafort.

How deep is he in with his old client base, and what did / does he owe them? Writing the piece that got him back under house arrest was nuts, but maybe he doesn't have a choice in the matter.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's different than Typefitter's approach to experts how exactly?

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

::smdh::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.