1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've often thought the most likely end game here is that Trump's heart explodes on the 14th tee, but his tinfoil-hat army will cry that he was assassinated by Democrats, probably by agents of the Clintons.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's really weird that the Trump cabinet officer with the most success in business life turned out to be the most incompetent at government. In other cabinet news, Interior Secretary Zinke had an interview/photo shoot for Outside magazine scheduled at a lake in Glacier National Park. He showed up in full fly fishing regalia. Alas, he had rigged his fly rod backwards.

HanSenSE, Inky_Wretch and Double Down like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Link?

Tillerson has been great.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Did you see the tweet I was replying to? Tillerson has been godawful. Trump even thinks so. You're working the Baghdad Bob side of the street here.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Christie is sent to McDonald's. Pence is sent to Wendy's. Whoever gets back to the White House first gets to have a couple fries.

Sea Bass likes this.
  7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Unknown.jpeg

Look at those hiking boots. Never worn.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Looks like Christie just stays at McDonald’s.

melock likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Tillerson is out there attempting to conduct diplomacy with people who are reading stories that he is expected to be out early next year if not sooner.

Then there's Jerusalem:

Between North Korea and Jerusalem I'm starting to think that Trump is in Wag the Dog mode, begging for some sort of a big terrorist attack so he can play The Great Leader and to divert attention from Trump/Russia.

Double Down likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Democrats warn Tillerson to loop Congress in or face legislative blowback

Senate Democrats are demanding that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson lift a hiring freeze, nominate more candidates for vacant diplomatic slots and share much more detail with Congress about his plan to restructure the State Department.

If Tillerson doesn't step up his cooperation with Capitol Hill, the lawmakers warn, they'll use legislation to force him.

"The department’s redesign, spending, and personnel moves are taking place largely behind closed doors and without the level of transparency we would expect," the senators write. "Moreover, proposals that have come to light lead us to question whether the intended result is in fact a more efficient department that continues to serve the interests of the American people and promote our foreign policy objectives abroad."

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"I really feel like I can bring about about what I've read prophesized in my favorite book of the great, big book, the Book of Revlon, right there at the end after the Book of Jews. Nobody ever has brought about what's said in the Book of Revlon. Great book. Really exciting book with creatures that scientists really don't want you to know exist. Big guys with buncha eyes and horns. I really feels like I'm the guy to bring about that movie. You know the movie with Bruce Willis — big supporter, by the way. Don't check Snopes about that Facebook meme, he's a big supporter — and the Arrowsmith song. You know the song. The song with the violins. Great song. Great movie. I have Donald, Jr. edit down to just the explosions. Great explosions. Just a little sad that the Russian's space thingy had to blow up. Sad to see that happen to good people. But, back to the Book of Revlon. They say there's a place where the final battle, they call it Armadillo, will be — like Megadeal or something — and I'm going to get to be in the battle. Can you believe that? I get to be in the battle. It'll be great. . I haven't read how it all ends yet, but I'm sure I win. We'll get the peace deal done, there will be seven years of great, big beautiful peace in the Middle East and then I'm sure everything will turn out great for me and the United States."

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You sure you want to go there?

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.