1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Hey, anybody see that Mike Flynn was texting during the Inauguration?

How rude!

Congressional Democrats said Wednesday they have evidence from a confidential whistleblower that within minutes of President Donald Trump's inauguration, then-national security adviser Michael Flynn sent assurances to former business partners that a plan to build nuclear reactors across the Middle East was "good to go."

Flynn texted partners about nuclear plan during inauguration, whistleblower says

And the whistleblower said Copson flipped his phone around to reveal a text message he said came from Flynn describing the nuclear reactor project as "good to go." According to the account, the whistleblower didn't see the substance of the text but recalled seeing a 12:11 p.m. timestamp. At that time, Flynn was on the dais during Trump's inaugural address.

#MAGAthebestpeople

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If the embassy is supposed to be some sort of bargaining chip, what did we get for it? What are we going to do, move the embassy somewhere else if the Palestinians do something we want?
    How is it brilliant - other than Trump did it and everything he does is somehow brilliant? Which get us back to the original question of how does this benefit us?
    Please tell me, I'd love to know. In fact the reasoning doesn't even have to equate to ''brilliant'' - I'd settle for anything even vaguely positive.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Half the time we are the terrorists.

BTExpress likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

"America should lead by reflexively doing what's always been none."

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

"Mr. Gorbachev, would it be all right if maybe we could talk about possibly doing something about that wall -- as long as it doesn't offend you and everyone else is in agreement?"

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

America should do things that provoke violence and accomplish nothing, because it makes us feel tough.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump Hotel right across the street.

8. Machine Head

During the speech Trump took shots at previous presidents for not sticking to their word and delivering on what they said they would.

Trump said he was delivering on what he said he'd do.

It was rather stunning, but I should be used to hearing him run down others to build himself up. But previous presidents of the United States?

Anyway..so there's a positive for Trump, he's a man of his word and he delivers!

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm always terrified that we'll start tailoring our policy on Israel and the Palestinians based on the religious right's eschatological beliefs. We now have a president who would be willing to make those U.S. policy in exchange for continued support.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've seen several folks suggest Franken should announce he is switching parties, then he'll be allowed to stay in the Senate alongside Roy Moore.

SnarkShark, lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Machine Head

NO!

I'm still in the running!

/crossthread

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

We tailor it now to terrorist organizations. But I guess they're not as bad as those GOP boogeyman. #scary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.