1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Let the record show that Trump did take one very good position today, when he called for the end of the Saudi blockade of Yemen. I'll praise him again more lavishly if he does something about it as well.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Besides, while certain parts of Palestine's terrorist groups are angry at this, Middle Eastern terrorists in general are ecstatic. This is the best recruitment pitch they've had in years.

SnarkShark likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is why it was important to get the travel ban rammed through the courts before this pronouncement.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

"These people want to kill us."

"OK, what can we do to make them happy?"

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump's response to advice from aides, other world leaders, etc.:

TowelWaver likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That will be a tough sell. If they couldn't repeal the ACA, hard to see this one winning in an election year. "We'll make sure you go broke when you get sick in old age or maybe you'll just die" not a winning platform. Maybe they'll just tell the base the cuts will only affect people who aren't white.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Death panels!

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's like you don't even understand that there are innocent people who live there on both sides who outnumber the terrorists and who will suffer.

SnarkShark and cranberry like this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

In fairness to the asshole in the picture, they are "outdoorsy" thanks to (mothers?) a grandfather.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

To be fair, has Trump really done anything different with the Jerusalem situation then his predecessors other than being bombastic in his comments? He is going to sign the waiver and keep the embassy in Tel Aviv and I would bet nothing changes. Of course his bombastic shtick is probably the wrong move but unless I am reading it wrong I don't think the embassy will move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.