1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

But you are the master at that "game".

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Have I ever told you the story about how I put him on ignore?

lakefront likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Huh, I was just texting with some friends and I said, tongue in cheek, that it would really help Jones if Moore did something racist. As I wrote thousands of pages ago, that's what ultimately did in David Duke in the "Vote for the crook – it's important" election in Louisiana: exceptionally high African-American turnout. Jones has no shot unless the black vote turns out in immense numbers. But has the current controversy been especially personal or resonant to the African-American community in Alabama? I wouldn't have thought so, but I don't know much about it.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, I'm not. Not that game. Yes, Roy Moore was wrong. She wasn't recently divorced at the time. She was recently separated. But him using an imprecise word doesn't make it a story. It doesn't show that he's a liar. It shows that he imprecisely described his wife's marital situation, though it was a distinction without a difference. That's not news-worthy.

6. Dick Whitman

Once or twice.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It’s journalistic malfeasance that he would say such things about himself as established fact.

8. CD Boogie

The weird calculus I hear some guys — not me! — use about Roy Moore being attracted to a 15 year old is, well, weren’t you attracting to 15 year olds when you were that age? Didn’t you even maybe try to have sex with them? Well, yes, but I also used to love playing with matchbox cars. Not only did I grow out of it and into better things — like sleeping with older, more experienced women! — but I didn’t want to be seen playing with matchbox cars. Some people just don’t care about optics, though.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What kind of weirdos do you hang out with?

SnarkShark and YankeeFan like this.
  10. CD Boogie

Guys who tend to overshare when they’ve had a a few and Fox News is on the bar TV.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

What?

Wait. You mean your friends say, "Well, yes," not you?

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You must think the Politics thread is the most agreeable place on the board.

My use of the Ignore button has been revelatory. Somebody's still farting in this elevator, but for the life of me I can't smell it.

Dick Whitman and CD Boogie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.