1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Local media said both today. And governor.

2. Machine Head

First time since HHH died all three are up.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That would be the exception.

4. Machine Head

I would’ve been a great placeholder.

doctorquant likes this.
  5. Machine Head

Be interesting to see who goes after Franken’s seat in 2018. Bachmann or T-Paw would be fantastic.

Cannon fodder will run against Klobuchar.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trouble for the Republicans is, they won't be running against Franken, but a new face. Seems as if it's gonna be the woman Lt. Gov.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Bachmann in a statewide election would be an easy win for the Dems. T-Paw would have an execllent chance to win it.

8. Michael_ Gee

UN Ambassador Haley tells Fox News she's not sure US athletes should go to the Winter Olympics. Not too ominous.

9. Machine Head

Norm almost won. Franken not being in the race doesn’t matter, MN isn’t as blue as it used to be.

It’ll depend in part how much Trump screws things up.

10. Michael_ Gee

It obviously matters that a scandal-plagued incumbent will not be his party's nominee. Come on. It's no guarantee of victory, but that's a really off-base statement. Norm almost won in 2008 because he was the incumbent and Franken was a comedian. I seriously doubt Minnesota will be more Republican in 2018 than it was in 2014, when Franken also won. Current Trump approval rating there is close to the national average -- a little under 39 percent.

11. Machine Head

Michael, things have changed on the Iron Range. The Range and Minneapolis and St. Paul have always been blue. Outstate it’s red, and hard red in place. The Range isn’t the union stronghold it was when my dad and his worked the mines.

MN also has always had a history of sending Republicans to the Senate. And governors. We’re kind of goofy like that.

Look at what a loon Bachmann is and she carried a large district more than once stretching halfway across the state.

12. Machine Head

I’m drowning my sorrows of being passed over for placeholder with Bell’s Two Hearted, cleaning albums / records and posting on an internet massage board. Sad!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.