1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Putting athletes in harm's way, bad. Putting diplomats in harm's way at the Jerusalem embassy, good.

Trumpistas have spoken.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Well. That’s puke-inducing. O’Keefe is awful.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Liberals: "Some scary brown people might get mad, and commit acts of violence, if America formally recognizes that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel."

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

It’s definitely a BS claim. And yet another example of stonewalling on the Russia probe.

Can’t use this BS with Mueller.

Nobody seems to have a great reason as to why everyone is lying or won’t comment about Russia.

Curious.

7. YankeeFan

Yeah, he's no Mike Wallace:

The treatment of female co-workers by Mr. Wallace, the show’s signature correspondent, was also often insensitive. “What would now be called sexual harassment was par for the course back in the ’50s and early ’60s,” Mr. Wallace said in a 1996 Playboy interview. “And I would indulge in it.” In the same interview, he admitted that he had once had a habit of “snapping a bra” in the “60 Minutes” office.
    In an interview last month, Mr. Hertsgaard recalled an incident that took place in a “60 Minutes” hallway during the time he spent reporting the Rolling Stone article. As he was speaking with a female producer, the reporter saw Mr. Wallace approaching with a rolled-up magazine in hand.

“As he passes by,” Mr. Hertsgaard said, “she puts her hands behind her, like a little kid would to ward off a spanking. And, sure enough, as Mike’s walking by, he swats her on the butt with this rolled-up magazine. I said to her, ‘Does that happen often?’ She said, ‘You wouldn’t believe.’”

The anniversary book does not address the issue of a possibly toxic workplace environment, and it skips any mention of inappropriate behavior by Mr. Wallace, who died in 2012, or Mr. Hewitt, who died in 2009. Instead, Mr. Fager describes Mr. Wallace as “tough, edgy, fun, bighearted, occasionally mean, full of life, and difficult to work with,” adding, “Mike was a troublemaker, and he loved that role, on and off air.”

The New ‘60 Minutes’ Book Has a Troubled History

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

9. Deskgrunt50

Ingrahm and Newt defend Franken? Or did I misread that? (Honestly, Stelter’s tweet is awkwardly written).

Trying to justify Moore (which Franken quitting will have zero impact)?

Or getting worried about the GOP running as the party of sexual harrassers and sexual assaulters (while raising taxes on the middle class) in 2018?

10. YankeeFan

Oh, I think there's a number of reasons for the discrepancies.

In some cases, like where the Russian Ambassador attended a public event, and may have said hello to Jeff Sessions, I think people legitimately forgot about the encounter.

In other instances, I think there were contacts that were not illegal, or improper, but because of the hysteria, people didn't want to admit to having them, for fear that it would help to legitimize or prolong a fishing expedition into all things Russia, and all things Trump.

11. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

The winner in next Tuesday's Alabama U.S. Senate special election will serve out Jeff Session's unfinished term. That's three years, not six. The winner will be up for re-election in November 2020.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which lawyer or lawyers were in the room, nor whom they represented, but the mere presence of a lawyer does not guarantee attorney/client privilege. If, for instance, the President's personal lawyer was in the room with them, but Don Jr. is not his client, their conversations would be exempted from attorney/client privilege. Unless the attorney represented both the President and his son, or both of them had their own lawyers in the meeting, attorney/client privilege wouldn't apply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.