1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Speaking of sitting cross-legged on the floor..I'll be cleaning more albums tonight.

And for anyone looking to buy LPs pressed to 45 speed:

45 RPM Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds

This is the place to go. Makes regular 33 1/3 albums a two album set, but they sound fantastic. 'Dusty in Memphis' is a great one to order.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) will resign from Congress. Quite sudden. Must've gotten a phone call from the Post or CNN.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just my two cents, but you guys who are tracking the accusations by D or R are stoopid. Bizarre, even. JMO.

RickStain likes this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Stat I was looking at today: Before today's resignation, 29.7% of Democratic senators were women, and 31.9% of Democratic representatives. And this is from the party that is driven by women voters.

Don't think for a second that patriarchy is a purely partisan issue.

5. Michael_ Gee

It's just an ID note. As I posted earlier, I expect the percentages of skeevy Ds and Rs are pretty similar, but there more Rs than Ds so they may have a few more names dropped.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wait till the Vegas odds come out.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So how 'bout those midterms!

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

It's going to be amazing when the results of Donald's visit to Walter Reed match up with the results of the exam his personal physician (Bornstein?) spoke about during the campaign.

Wasn't it in a car, or something. Five minutes long? Going off memory here. 'Fittest candidate ever!'

I'm sure it will be a yuge boost to Dr. Bornstein's practice.

lakefront likes this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This one is fascinating to me. I'm not sure I've ever encountered a politician with less integrity than Trent Franks. If this is a sexual misconduct thing the evidence must be rock solid because he wouldn't think twice about lying his way out of it if he could.

Slacker likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Good old Rep. Farenthold told the FBI director today that his constituents were wondering why if there was an investigation of the Trump administration, there wasn't one of the Clinton administration, too. If they really are and it's not just him, goes a long way to explain how he got elected.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's also highly appropriate that this particularly President and VP bonded due to a lie, amirite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.