1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Offseason baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Please be true!

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Wow. I thought he was going to Seattle for sure. He's an incredible player. He could be Ruthian in LA.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm obviously pretty happy with the Ohtani signing. I am looking at it like they have a strong component for an injury-riddled pitching staff (they have a lot of people coming back, but people who still need to prove they can stay healthy). If he can put up the numbers with his bat, that will be a nice bonus, but I do wonder how much his offensive prowess will carry over to MLB.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the Stanton show to drop. And he's acting like the high school qb choosing which cheerleader he's taking to the prom.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Cardinals are out. Looks like that was the Marlins' choice so I'm guessing the Giants are out too. ESPN reporting the Yankees could be a destination. And of course the Dodgers could still be in play.

Cardinals say Marlins' Stanton has vetoed deal

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Eh, Stanton would have been a transformative player for St. Louis, but that contract will become an albatross in five or six years for whoever signs Mikey.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's got a no trade, he can wait as long as he wants, He obviously has picked the teams he play for , so unless the Marlins send him to one of those teams he will be playing in front of 14 people in Miami. Fuck the Marlins.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@bestfansstlouis

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'll wait and see where he lands. Could have played for a winner, though. And at least St. Louis tried.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Like the Dodgers and Yankees are losing teams.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Cubs and Astros too.

Only the Cardinals are winners.

sgreenwell and YankeeFan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted